Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Robin's

This spring I hung my springtime basket out my front door. With in days two Robins started to build a nest. It has been a fun process to watch. For the first week or so the Mom would get really mad every time we would go out the door, she would attack anyone coming to the door. After awhile she settled down and remained pretty calm as we would come and go. We started to call her Mary. I would say hello every mourning. About two weeks ago all four babies flew away and we haven't seen them since. I thought it was a pretty cool thing.

Empty nest!

2 comments:

Marcy Cheney said...

How fun...that flower basket is gorgeous by the way. If you look at my blog, you will see our baby bird experience grandkid style!! Your grandkids are so cute and we really enjoyed the reunion...it was too short and we didn't get to visit with ya much but we love ya and hope the rest of your summer is filled with fun.

Kurt and Michelle said...

How fun!!