Sunday, July 11, 2010

Happy 30th Birthday Stacie!

Today is Stacie's 30th birthday - Wow, where do the years go? I gave Stacie her photo album so I don't have very many cute pictures of when she was born.

She was due on July 15th. The night of the 10th I started to have contractions. I remember her being very active that night. We got up that next morning and went to the hospital. They were very busy that day. All the Labor rooms were full, so I think I got the last room. The contractions were very hard and fast. Epidurals were very new at the time and I think they gave me one without asking. I was very grateful at the time though :) After that nothing to exciting until delivery. She was posterior and wasn't coming down so they used forceps that looked like great big salad tongs. I was grateful I couldn't feel it. It sounded horrible. When she was born she had bruises on her cheeks from the forceps. But she was still the most beautiful thing I had ever seen! They didn't have ultra sound in those days so we didn't know she was going to be a girl. We were very excited. She weighed 7lbs 10 ounces -I think, (remember I gave Stacie her book) anyway It was a great day! She nursed really well. My roommates baby wouldn't nurse so she was in tears, I thought wow I don't know what the problem is this is a breeze. (no sympathy - I later learned with other children that it is just the kid - I had some that were horrible) After we got her home that first night I remember just looking at her and bawling. I couldn't believe that she was mine and that Heavenly Father really trusted me to take care of this precious little thing. Great times! Eric and I were so young, going to school in Logan, poor but we were happy. Life was good!

Stacie was always such a happy thing. She was a go getter from day one. At 5 months she was sitting up straight and tall, at nine months she was walking. She never crawled. Her Great Grandmother Erickson told me that if she didn't crawl she wouldn't be a good reader, she was my best. I can't believe 30 years has gone by. Now she is a Mom with 5 beautiful girls of her own (almost, number five's still cooking). I am so proud of what she has accomplished in her life. She found a great guy to help her along the way. It will be fun to watch the next 30 years! Love ya Stacie!


Blessing Day
She loved her swing. Back then they didn't have cool swings that laid back. So I put her in sideways. It worked!Stacie at 5 Months - always Happy!Stacie today with her daughter Jaynie.

2 comments:

Stacie said...

Thanks mom! I am pretty lucky to have such great parents. I love you!

Marcy Cheney said...

Happy (day late) birthday to you Stacie!!! It is so fun and hard at the same time to watch our babies grow up...I hear ya Tami. We sure do love & miss y'all